Voyager gives you the best the Maldives has to offer
Built-in 2004 and renovated in2014, the beautiful and modern liveaboard Voyager is a 30-metre long vessel that sails from Male every week to dive the very best that the Maldives has to offer. This is where you dive the best and most famous dive sites of the Maldives in a week of wonderful liveaboard diving across Male and Ari atolls. This liveaboard is built to a very high standard and can accommodate 20 guests in its ten spacious cabins.
Step 1. Choose your preferred departure date – Step 2. Select your destination – step 3. Green is the Available date
Included: VAT, Accommodation, Tanks, Weights, Belts, Dive master services, All meals, Towels Provided
Excluded: Marine Park fees, Crew & guide gratuities, On board merchandise, Alcoholic beverages, Equipment hire, Nitrox fills, Extensions, sightseeing. Please Note: Dive Computers and DSMB’s are mandatory for all dives.
20 guests at a time can be accommodated in the 10 cabins of this beautifully finished liveaboard. Cabins are on three decks: two twin bed cabins on the upper deck, one twin bed cabin on the main deck, three double bed cabins on the lower front deck and four twin bed cabins on the lower deck. Main deck cabins have large windows with panoramic sea views. Other cabins have portholes for natural lighting. All cabins are individually air-conditioned and have en-suite bathrooms. The modern furnishings guarantee you travel in comfort.
For comfort and relaxation between dives, chill out in the elegant, wood finished, air-conditioned lounge area on the upper deck which has sofas and comfortable chairs facing the sea. The spacious sundeck has a large outdoor dining table and a corner bar and drinks area where you can chat with your fellow divers over a glass of beer or wine. If you really want to chill out, there’s a super home theatre with comfortable sofas on the upper deck. Want to work on your tan between dives? Catch those sun’s rays or take a nap on a sunbed on the sundeck.
Diving takes stamina and good food is essential for building up those energy levels again. The onboard chef prepares a buffet-style menu that incorporates Thai and Western cuisine. Dinner can be eaten outside on one of the shaded decks. Take advantage of the fully stocked bar and savour that last drink on the sun deck as the sun goes down over the horizon.
The perfect points of entry and exit for your dive, are from the large diving Dhoni. Since it is fully equipped, it leaves you ample space on the liveaboard. Voyager is rebreather friendly and offers free Nitrox for qualified Nitrox divers. There are freshwater showers on the diving deck to rinse yourself off after each dive. Large freshwater buckets are also available to rinse dive equipment such as cameras, dive computers and fins.
Many of the dives are suitable for all levels of divers, however, unpredictable and strong currents can be expected in certain areas. The recommended depth for some dives is below 18m, and advanced or Deep Diver training is advised. Some dives may be too challenging for inexperienced and beginner divers; the Cruise Director may ask them to skip them.
These are example itineraries to give you an indication of the liveaboard cruises. The final cruise might be different due to weather, sea conditions and/or guest experience. The final call is always with the boat manager and the captain of the liveaboard. This to ensure your safety as well as to give you a dive holiday never to forget.
Best Of Maldives
- Departure Port: Male
- Return Port: Male
- Length: 8 Days / 7 Nights (Approximately 17 dives in total)
- Experience level: Open Water – No minimum logged dives required.
This is the Best of the Maldives – and it delivers exactly that. This is where you dive the best and most famous dive sites of the Maldives in a week of wonderful liveaboard diving across Male and Ari atolls.
Enjoy a dive holiday that gives you all you could wish for from the iconic sites of North Male, South Male and Ari Atoll. Awaiting you are channels, drifts and pinnacles where you have every chance of meeting mantas, whale sharks and mesmerising marine life of so many varieties. We don’t follow an exact itinerary; flexibility is the word so that no matter what time of the year you visit, this underwater world is yours (and ours) for the exploring.
This itinerary gives you a marine mix of big fish such as shark and manta dives as well as reef dives, reef fish, morays and the abundant macro life. Get up close at the cleaning stations without disturbing the locals! One of the best-known dive sites is Maaya Thila; this pinnacle is approximately 30m in diameter and falls away to reveal sharks and fish aplenty.
A night dive from sheltered moorings here is a must! And the boat will also aim to find whale sharks so you can get in the water and snorkel with them…as long as they stay around long enough!
The first and last night of each trip is spent onboard at the port.
- Rasdhoo Atoll: Hammerhead Dive, Beautiful Reef with Pelagics
- North Ari Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Maaya Thila Night Dive, MultipleManta Cleaning Stations
- South Ari Atoll: Whalesharks, Beautiful Pinnacles
- South Male Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays, Other Pelagics, Beautiful Macro Wreck
- Vaavu Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays, Other Pelagics, Traditional Maldivian Channel Diving
- North Male Atoll: Beautiful Pinnacles
- No minimum number of dives needed but you should be comfortable with drift dives as currents can be strong.
- Many of the dives on the Best of Maldives, Manta Madness and Pelagic Magic itineraries are suitable for all levels of divers, however, unpredictable and strong currents are to be expected in certain areas. Inexperienced and beginner divers may find some dives challenging and may be asked by the Cruise Director to skip dives that are not suitable for their diving experience. On some dives, the recommended depth is below 18m therefore advanced or Deep Diver training is advised.
- All diving is from dhonis or zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points. Experienced divers can dive in a buddy pair unguided.
Complimentary shared airport pick up times are 11 am, 4 pm, & 10.30pm. Pickups can be arranged at other times from €5.
- Year built: 2004
- Year Renovated: 2014
- Length: 30 meters
- Beam: 9 meters
- Engines: 360 Hp Doosan Daewoo
- Max guests: 20
- Number of cabins: 10
- Number of bathrooms: 10
- Tenders: Large fully equipped diving Dhoni
- Freshwater maker: 9 tonnes per day
- Radio VHF/DSC/SSB
- Emergency Rafts
- Life Vests
- Fire Alarm & Fire Extinguishers
- First Aid Kits
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Crew trained in first aid