- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
The Haa-Alifu-Atoll is the northernmost atoll from the Maldives and the distance to the capital Male is 480 miles. This atoll has a special meaning for the Maldivians. Here is the birth island of the nation's hero Muhammad Thakurufaanu (1573-1585). Sultan Ghaazee Muhammad Thakurufaanu freed the Maldives from the Portuguese rule. The capital Dhidhoo has about 10.000 people that live on the 16 populated islands, 24 more islands in the Maldives are inhabited.
The Amba was the first and the only diving yacht on the North of the Maldives. We start our diving trips from Hanimaadhoo in the Haa Alifu-Atoll. The transfer to the northernmost atoll of the Maldives from Male via a small airplane (a half hour flight).
After your arrival in Male, you will use the domestic flight to Hanimaadhoo. While the flight you will enjoy a fantastic view over the atolls and islands of the Maldives. Don't forget your video and camera.
After your arrival, we will pick up you from Hanimaadhoo. The Maldives is a Mecca for divers seeking copious amounts of fish. Highlights are the regular sightings of Mantas, Whalesharks, Schooling Pelagics such as Eagle Rays, Grey Reef Sharks and Giant Trevally.
After the arrival in Male
All guests will be meet and greet after the exit of the arrival hall in Male Airport. Divers can recognize our crew wearing an AMBA-crew shirt and carrying a signboard for "AMBA – Das Boot". After the meet and greet, our crew will guide you to the domestic airport to assist you for the next check-in, or to AMBA directly, depends on the itinerary.
Last day on AMBA, departure to Male
Check out from AMBA on the last day of the trip is in the morning at the latest 8:00 am.
The flight schedule from the domestic airports starts from 5.30 am until evening. With the earliest flight, the guest can reach Male by 7.00 am to check-in for their international flight.
For guest with later departure flights from Male, there are several options:
- if available, you can stay on board for a fee of 35 Euro. Please request together with booking.
- if not available, you check out and can stay on the airport island Hanimaadhoo, Ifuru or Dharavandhoo in a local guesthouse, to join the facilities there. Prices start from 30,- Euro. Please be advised to book this upfront for your clients.
- flying to Male after checking out, to visit the capital island or stay in the HIH the airport hotel, to use the facilities there like pool, bar, massage, etc. Transfers are available from the airport, like ferry, taxi or hotel shuttle.
- Fuel Surcharge
- Port Fees
- Airport Transfer
- Tea & Coffee
- Welcome Cocktails
- Full-Board Meal Plan (All meals)
- Snacks, Diving Package
- Beach Towels
- Cabin Towels
- Deck Towels.
- Environment Tax (42-66 USD per trip)
- Domestic flight
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities (100-150 EUR per week)
- Hotel Transfer
- Local Flights (330-360 EUR)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Soft drinks
- Nitrox (59-105 EUR per trip)
- Nitrox Course (150 EUR)
- Private Dive Guide (30 EUR per activity)
- Rental Gear
- Scuba Diving Courses
- WiFi internet (15 EUR)